Active Ingredient: Phycocyanin
Brand Name: Bluetec Naturals
Color Value: >10%, >18%, >25%
Water Solubility: 100% water dispensive
Grade: Food Grade
Extraction type: pure water extraction
Blue Spirulina Powder is a major biliprotein of Spirulina platensis, blue-green algae possessing antioxidant, anti-arthritic, and anti-inflammatory properties. Blue Spirulina Powder also acted as a hepatoprotective agent and as a hydroxyl radical scavenger. However, the mechanism of action of phycocyanin is not clearly understood.
Blue Spirulina Powder, which is a major biliprotein of the bluegreen algae, has been shown to possess
cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitory activity. Scientists have studied the effect of Blue Spirulina Powder on a rat histiocytic tumor line. AK-5 cells are induced into apoptotic death program when treated with Blue Spirulina Powder, which involves the activation of caspase-3. Phycocyanin-mediated apoptotic death is induced through the generation of reactive oxygen radicals. Free radical scavengers inhibited phycocyanin-induced apoptotic death in AK-5 cells.
Bcl-2, an inhibitor of apoptosis, is shown to regulate ROS generation. Bcl-2 gene-transfected AK-5 cells are resistant to phycocyanin-induced death. Overexpression of Bcl-2 inhibited the production of ROS in phycocyanin-treated AK-5 cells.
1. Mainly used in many foods as a coloring in mustard, cheese, beverages and cakes;
2. It's used for dyspepsia, chronic anterior uveitis and Helicobacter pylori bacteria;
3. It's used as a topical analgesic, and for colic, hepatitis, ringworm and chest pain.
4. With the function of improving blood circulation and treating amenorrhea;
5. With the function of lipid-lowering, anti-inflammatory, choleretic, anti-tumor and anti-oxidation;
6. It contains antioxidants, which protect cells against damage caused by free radicals;
7. It has the effect on lowering blood pressure
1.Mainly used as flavor additive to pigments and foods;
2. It also has a good performances such as anticancer, anti-inflammatory,anti-oxidation, anti-mutagenics,lipoidemia reducing and ect;
3. Now it is used as a food coloring since it normally gives food slightly blue color,it can be used to protect food products from sunlight.
4. The sky blue color or blue spirulina powder dissolved in liquid is used for water-containing products. Over-coloring, such as in pickles, relishes,and mustard.
100kg or more
Q1: What certificates do you have for Blue Spirulina Powder?
A: NOP Certificate, ISO Certificate, Kosher Certificate, Halal Certificate.
Q2. What's your delivery time?
A: Usually we will arrange the shipment within 24 hours if the stock is available.
Q3. Is there any science paper proof to the function of Blue Spirulina Powder?
A: Bobbili V.V 2003 studies show that a naturally occurring blue spirulina is able to induce apoptosis in tumor cells through the production of ROS, which is suppressed by Bcl-2. Phycocyanin also down-regulated the expression of Bcl-2, a well-known antiapoptotic molecule. Like other COX-2 inhibitors, blue spirulina powder being a natural product, should be more acceptable as an anticancer compound.